Thursday, July 1, 2010

Slacking Off

Five weeks to go!

Crap.

Thank God for 3 day weekends, I'm really looking forward to getting three or four decent workouts in during the next few days. I've been really slacking with my running lately and haven't been much better with swimming. It's starting to feel like I forgot to study for a major test that I have to take tomorrow. I had my first triathlon nightmare where I skipped my brothers wedding to go biking and rode by the ceremony and realized my mistake. Then I realized I was supposed to be the photographer and had something resembling an anxiety attack all within my dream state. It'll be a miracle if I sleep at all in the weeks leading up to the big day.

Angela and I tried to keep up with the pros on Tuesday... thanks to a stop light and some straggling slow starters we kept the group of jacked up cyclists in view for all of 7 minutes. After that we resumed our usual pace and route. It might be nice to work up to a group ride that we can actually partake in someday... I think that will be my next mini goal.

Someone told me today to train with hand paddles when I swim... along with the Zoomers I'm going to look like an otter... I only wish I could use the swim aids when I'm out in the middle of Oneida lake trying not to drown.

For now I need sleep, I'm not sure how pro triathletes fit it into their schedules it's definitely been hard to come by lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment