Friday, July 2, 2010

Back on Track

Went for my first real run in almost two weeks tonight. And by real run I mean my 11 minute mile pace for all of 2.5 miles. My 17 year old self would be hanging her head in shame. I didn't stop though, and my glass half full perspective of this whole thing is telling me that I will at least be able to finish this race.

Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to get in the pool and be able to ignore the violent protests my legs are sure to give. Walking up stairs after running and biking has become more of a challenge than I ever expected to encounter before the age of 60.

Speaking of protests, I think my lovely dog has found his own way of showing his displeasure in my frequent absences. I plan on making it up to him this weekend and trying to incorporate him into the work outs more often. If he won't accept my apology we may need to find an alternative place of residency. Hopefully it's nothing a trip to the dog park and a bag of puperoni can't fix.

The second round of antibiotics is now gone, my fingers are crossed that the sinus infection is too. We'll see...

Listening to: Good Life / OneRepublic

No comments:

Post a Comment