Saturday, July 10, 2010

Up a creek with no pool

Ok I'm starting to worry. After a pretty pathetic week of "training" I figured this morning would be a good time to get back to the grindstone. Too bad the YMCA closed the pool again. Why can't they coordinate with my lack of motivation days? I've hardly been in a pool over the last two weeks and I still can't swim more than 4 lengths without gasping for air. With just under 4 weeks to go I see this as being a problem. If I ever do another Tri I'm going to follow an actual training schedule... it's too easy to say I'd rather bike today or 25 minutes of swimming is enough for one day.

I ran again this morning... I still think about 20 minutes is my limit, hopefully adrenaline trumps exhaustion when I'm actually in the race. Biking tomorrow, I'm hoping for a nice day and am looking forward to Angela's return so I have my cycling buddy back... it's much more fun with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment