Thursday, July 8, 2010

Onieda Lake Sea Monsters

The weather is sapping away every ounce of what little energy I once had. I am not a fan of the thermostat when it goes above 85 degrees. And even less so when I have some sort of evil sinus infection/virus that refuses to vacate my head. I should be swimming right now but after my tuesday night swim I'm embarrassed to show my face at the YMCA. Seconds after clicking my lock down on my locker I realized I no longer had the combination to reopen my locker. Thankfully I had the pool all to myself as I gasped and heaved myself through a measly 15 laps. Afterward, upon my return to my hopelessly locked locker I stood in the Y's lobby dripping wet while I reluctantly asked the volunteer to chop off my padlock so I could then drive myself home. All for 25 minutes of swimming. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for it.

My interest was sparked the other day when Angela and I came across a skeleton by the lake that we thought might have belonged to some type of eel. I looked up fish of the great lakes to see what kind of fish might be swimming along below me, or hopefully, way the eff away from me. I have a love hate relationship with the internet and this is one of the times I hate it...





These fish are in Lake Ontario and Oneida Lake...
I may have nightmares for the rest of my life.
I wish I would have come across this when I first signed up...
I would be blogging about scrap booking right now.
All I can say is that I hope they are scared of slow moving swimmers
or maybe just have an aversion to human food sources.

Maybe my next tri should have a pool swim.


I ran in 90 degree weather for 20 minutes yesterday before I thought the threat of fainting was imminent and decided to stop. I'll be glad when the heat wave is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment