Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sugar High

This week I'm all about the Komen Foundation Race for the Cure 5k on Saturday. Today at work we had our 4th annual bake sale to raise money to donate. I tend to get a bit carried away, both with making baked goods and also eating them. I was up till 12:30 last night putting the finishing touches on my mint chocolate covered oreos, peanut butter m&m dipped pretzels and white chocolate orange brunch muffins. My self restraint was tested to the limit today and sadly I have to report I caved, many, many times. So my day mostly consisted of roller coaster like sugar highs and the resulting crashes that followed. But I'm definitely not going to say I regret those awesome rice krispie treats I snacked on all day : ) Besides the money is going to a great cause and I've been running like crazy lately anyways, calories don't count when they're for charity! We managed to raise over $300 this year, not bad for a bake sale! I was pretty happy with that.


I'm thinking about making a ipod playlist for the race incase I don't run with anyone and need some motivation. I might have to include the Top Gun theme... it's very inspiring, as I learned on my run last night.

Little by little I've been going further, so with any luck and some determination I'll be able to run the entire 5k without stopping. I realize most people think of a 5k as a warm up run or as something any normal healthy adult could manage without much effort but to me it's a challenge. I think if this summer goes well I'll maybe attempt the 10kan this fall if I don't do the biking. I need some new goals. Angela's already talking half marathons, which sounds nice, but to a jogger-not-a-runner like me, it sounds nearly impossible. I much prefer cycling to running anyways. Oh and despite conveniently avoiding that other triathlon sport lately I do plan on someday in the near future returning to a pool. For now I need sleep, 4 hours last night was definitely not enough.

Theme song of the Week: Fight Like a Girl/ Bomshel

No comments:

Post a Comment