Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bike Run Serve

Sleeping in today (till 7:45 anyways) was absolutely wonderful. I was feeling a lot better today and anxious to get out and enjoy the sun. By midday Angela and I were out at the lake ready to go out on our bike ride. The original plan was to ride the 12 mile loop but once we got going and warmed up a bit we added a few more turns and the 12 mile loop turned into a 20 mile, with a banana break at Ontario Orchard in the middle. I wanted to be proactive today so I had twice the normal amount of shotbloks plus the banana and thankfully I managed to avoid the leg cramps. As we rolled up back at our cars Angela said she felt like running, so off we went on our two mile loop. I very quickly remembered why a bike/run workout is called a brick, it takes a good mile before your legs quit feeling like lead. As we ran past the tennis courts we saw a few people playing and since it was such a nice day out we thought, why not make the best of the weather? So after the run we volleyed for a little while until hunger got the best of me and we were forced to seek nutrition.

So in essence, Angela and I did our own brand of Triathlon. Bike Run Serve : )
If I can stay motivated tomorrow I'll head to the pool and work on the other official sport of triathlon.


Listening to: The Big Bang/ Rock Mafia

No comments:

Post a Comment