Friday, May 6, 2011

Hit the Road Cold

Lately the only thing running is my nose.

I've never had a cold last so long. I thought it switched over to allergies late this week but I got fed up with feeling like crap and went to visit the doctor. Other than a low grade fever and typical allergy symptoms I got a clean bill of health and a bunch of blood work done. I won the doctor appointment lottery and got to be the practice patient for the new nurse who seemed like it was her first time ever drawing blood. The normal nurse declared I had beautiful veins and I would be perfect to practice on. Nice, I didn't even have to work for that compliment. Needless to say the rookie missed. A few years ago this would cue blue lips and tunnel vision but I think I've conquered my irrational fear of needle pricks. I mean after the tetanus shot that made my arm feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat, I talked myself into being a grown up for the uncomfortable minute or so that it took to successfully draw my blood. Maybe I can apply this adult mentality to the open water swim that completely terrifies me. We'll see soon enough, I think the CNY Tri club started their practices at Oneida Shores, I'll have to make my way out to one before long.

It would be nice to find a quick fix for my fatigue, like take this vitamin and you'll magically want to work out for 3 hours each day. My hopes are not high for the simple solution but if nothing comes up I'm thinking of cutting wheat out of my diet. I should probably cut out the excessive amounts of candy, but if I'm being totally honest even if it was a magical cure I'm not sure I'd make the sacrifice : )

So tomorrow come hell or high fever I'm hitting the pavement and getting back on track, this stupid cold will have to give up eventually right?



Listening to: Bleed Red/ Ronnie Dunn (seriously, I swear)

No comments:

Post a Comment