Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Definitions

pathetic |pəˈθetikadjective1 arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness : she looked so pathetic that I tried not to watch out of embarrassment for her. See note at moving .informal miserably inadequate : her running ability was pathetic.
Today I could hardly run a full mile. Boomer stopped to sniff something and when the leash came to it's end he flipped ass over tea kettle. People looked at me like I should be reported to the animal abuse authorities. I felt bad about it but kept running and he bounced right back. I've seen the dog run full on into a wooden fence while looking the wrong way. He's a bigger klutz than I am, and that's saying something. Earlier today I managed to slam the freezer door under my chin which created a chain reaction of ricocheting my head off the wall and almost managing to get my head stuck between the two. I'm not sure how these things happen to me but it's clear now that Boomer and I are meant for each other.
regression |riˈgre sh ən|noun1 a return to a former or less developed state. : she was lax in her training and the ensuing regression had brought her back to square one.
Friday I donated blood for the first time, it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. Just to be on the safe side I waited 24 hours before heading out for a real workout on the bike. I felt a bit light headed after our 12 mile loop but I was fine after a big lunch and a bunch of water. The next day I attempted the 12 miles again and had a bit of trouble. I also got a wicked sunburn, cycling requires sunblock, when will I learn? So I gave myself the next day off cause I was starting to feel run down. The next day I could only manage 20 minutes on the elliptical. Today my throat felt like it was closing and my whole body felt like lead. Running was not kind to me tonight. I can only hope the 3 day weekend will revive me, or else I'm going to ask for my blood back and hope my missing energy returns.
hopeful |ˈhōpfəl|adjectivefeeling or inspiring optimism about a future event : a hopeful sign | [withclause ] she remained hopeful that she could pull herself out of the slump she was desperately fighting to get out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment