Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ode to the Goat

This morning I woke up feeling a little better. I decided to tag along and be the personal photographer to my friends, the motivated Mountain Goat runners.

Angela and Amanda at registration bright and early, we left just before 8:00, I feel like that's like 5:00 AM for a weekend. The first race after the little kids were done was the 3K that Angela and Amanda ran in. They both did well and finished with good times.


After the 3K wrapped up the 10 mile Mountain Goat runners set off and we said goodbye and good luck to Kris. I still hadn't found Elyssa but I caught her as she crossed the finish line just before Kris came into view.


What a great way to find some motivation. I love being around active people, I always get inspired to sign myself up for another race whenever I go watch one. Even though it was a long day and I crashed in the afternoon for another serious nap, I had a lot of fun today.


Awesome Job guys!


After the nap I managed to pull my groggy and head cold ridden self into some semblance of a human being and went for a run with Boomer. We did our two mile loop again at a reasonable pace. If I'm feeling better this week I'll try to add some running drills into my run workouts or possibly add on a little distance. Gotta get ready for Komen!

For now I'm forced to stay up late to finish laundry. I washed all my workout clothes but not my work clothes, I think my priorities remain in the right place.

Listening to: Honey Bee/ Blake Shelton (I know, but it's catchy)

No comments:

Post a Comment