Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend




All weekends should be 3 day weekends. I feel like I had a fairly productive 3 days off. I probably should have ran yesterday but instead I went Sailing with my brother for the second day in a row and it kicked my butt. I just counted and I have 10 bumps and bruises on my left knee alone. I'm literally beating myself up. All the activity between Friday night and now has left me looking forward to my pillow tonight.

So here's what we did before I fall asleep and forget to catalog it. Saturday morning after rolling out of bed at around 10:00, and feeling like I could have slept til 2:00, I ran about a mile/ mile and half... running in hot weather is going to be difficult, I'll have to get an earlier start from now on. I'm going to have to start pushing myself to run longer distances or I'll never make it to a 5K.

Sunday I was a bump on a log after sailing again but I did finally sign up at a gym with a pool so at least I'll get swimming again.

This morning Angela and I did 14.5 mile bike ride up and over 500 hills. Or at least it felt like 500 hills. My knees and thighs hurt so bad I actually had to reconsider how many times I had to climb the stairs in my house. I'm still glad we seem to be making progress on the biking. We both decided that if we survive the Tri maybe we'll give a bike race a try someday. I think it's both of our favorites out of the three sports.



Finally got my bike rack!!! and then a bird crapped all over it before I even used it.



I need to remember sunblock every time I go out from now on... I've had one too many sunburns already this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment