Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brick

This morning Angela and I went for a 9 mile hilly bike ride directly followed by about 30 minutes of run/walking. It was another chilly windy day, with what seemed like an almost constant head wind. I feel like a sail on my bike trying to move against the wind. Hopefully the day of the Tri will be a bit warmer and a lot less windy.

We hit 30 mph today, maybe not that impressive to most cyclists, but considering 20 mph scared me a few weeks ago I felt pretty good about hitting 30.

All that exercise takes a lot out of me, I came home and fell asleep for three hours. Normally I'm a serious napper, I could fall asleep at any given hour of the day, but a good workout almost guarantees a long afternoon nap. I might go into a coma after the actual race.

I'm not sure if it's the wind, diet, allergies, dehydration or over training that is holding me back from improving but the last two bike rides have been really hard. I'm going to start measuring my water intake and just started allergy meds yesterday, so hopefully I'll see some improvements.

For our first Brick workout I thought it went well. My knees hurt a bit and my legs felt like jello for the first few minutes. It was nice to know I still had some energy in reserve after biking... who knows what it'll be like after swimming... guess I'll get a better idea after Monday morning, my first swim work out, I finally found a gym!

Listening to The Getaway/Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment