Friday, May 21, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

I finally made it to the pool this week.
It was a rude awakening.
I haven't been in a pool since my high school track practices 10 years ago. I have 11 weeks to turn my ability to swim one half lap into an 800m swim (or roughly 32 times the length I can do now).

The life guard laughed at me today.
He asked me if I was ok... I think he was under the impression that I was about to drown in a pool that is 4 and a half feet deep. That's how pathetic I am.
I haven't lost all hope yet, during my second swim today I think I improved on my breathing technique a bit. If I can keep up with swimming at least 3 times a week I think I will start to see improvements... I better or else I hope they have a good life guard on duty the day of the Tri.

In other training news, my running has been improving while my knees are slowly but surely crying out in protest. Angela and I rode our 9 mile massive-hill-Lake route and ran a little bit after. Another successful brick. We also saw an otter I believe. Wildlife sightings are always a bonus for me as is the chocolate covered frozen banana I got directly afterward. Overall a very good week for Tri training.

Listening to: Just Keep Swimming/ Dory the fish from Finding Nemo

No comments:

Post a Comment