Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beaver Fever















My week started out with a fever, a sinus infection and a really crappy run. By Thursday I finally decided I wasn't going blind, the antibiotics started to kick in and aside from a sore throat I'd say I'm closer to 100% than I have been for awhile.

On to today's bike ride... according to my odometer Angela and I did 16.2 miles today! Hilly miles I might add.

We extended our normal route and wound up further out than we expected. The ride wasn't too bad, although a few of those hills took some time to recover from. Oh and I almost rode into a ditch and came about 3 feet from running over someone's house cat. Turns out no matter how many bugs are pelting you in the face you should always look where you're going. It was a big ditch too.

Ok on to exciting news... on our way back we stopped along the roadside to give a look out for our beaver/ possible otter friend... and sure enough... it was a Beaver, only a few feet away splashing his tail around probably warning us not to get too close. It's not every day you get to see a beaver in it's natural habitat... I was pretty happy I finally remembered my camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment