Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Tri

Today is 13 weeks until I compete in, or maybe I should say, hopefully complete my first triathlon. This whole thing started in January when a friend from work, Elyssa said we should sign up for the Iron Girl Triathlon that was taking place August 7th of this year. I believe my initial reaction was hell no, a sentiment I sometimes wish I would have stuck with. After about a month of deliberation I decided that the race being far off in the future, would be a good fitness goal and I'd have plenty of time to work up to the level of physical prowess I would need to accomplish my goal. I signed up and managed to talk my friend Angela in to singing away almost six months of leisure time as well. Fast forward to today, 13 weeks out and Elyssa, Angela and I seem to be in for one hell of a summer, training, learning and a whole lot of tri-ing.

I decided to start this blog to chronicle our triumphs and setbacks, record our progress and keep a record of the biggest physical challenge I've ever taken on.

No comments:

Post a Comment