Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cyclists are People too

Today I did a 14.5 mile bike trek over the generally quiet country back roads in rural Oswego. I had a few moments in which I would have liked to come face to face with more than one idiot motorist. As a driver I know I have the responsibility of looking out for everyone who shares the road ways. Apparently not everyone is aware that just because cars are bigger they haven't earned the right for a free for all. As I was climbing a giant hill towards the end of my ride today I was completely on the shoulder of the road, not even swerving and some jack ass comes flying by and lays on his horn... I just about fell off my bike I jumped so bad. After swearing in my head for the next mile or so I tried to let it go, hoping the jerk would get a flat tire and I could ride by and laugh. Once I got back into the city I got beeped at a few more times despite obeying the rules of the road... The world is just full of too many mean people.

I tried Shot Bloks today... they weren't bad, I might get a camel pak to carry more water... one water bottle is not enough for a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment