Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not my Favorite Thing

Went for a run today, it was rough as usual... running is not my favorite thing, I very rarely enjoy it. Today was no exception. In an effort to entice myself to do it sometimes I convince myself that running with my dog will help. Inevitably he drags me, trips me and just generally makes me look like an idiot and a completely inept pack leader. At least the hoodlum teenage boys are less likely to make a snide comment when I run with my wild hyena of a dog. Boomer gets a few bonus points there.

I'd guess I did about a mile all together today, I feel pathetic really. I'm thinking my negative attitude is mostly to blame for my poor running skills. I never expected this to be easy but I had hoped I would be making progress by now. I'm having trouble with working my way up gradually. I want to be able to run a 5K yesterday and at the rate I'm going it feels like possibly early next year would be a more likely goal.


I wrote down a few quotes that when I first started I thought might be helpful to keep in mind...

Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any -Anthony Bailey

Cowards die many times before their deaths,
the valiant never taste death but once - Julius Caesar

All it takes is all you got - Marc Davis

and my favorite...

Little by little one travels far -JRRT

So for now I'm going to try and channel my inner hobbit and see where it gets me.

Listening to : One/ U2

No comments:

Post a Comment