Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tour de Loop

Rockin the new Jerseys

This morning Kris, Angela and I rode in the 30 mile Tour de Loop. The course covers most of our go to bike route but it's quite the hilly hike after that. It was a beautiful day for a bike race and it looked like they had a great turnout.

After a trying week that left me feeling like I had been in a head on collision between a roller coaster and a brick wall I'd have to say I needed a good two hour battle with some monstrous hills. Up and over I went wondering why I put myself though the torture that is bike racing. Of course I don't think it's all torture, the volunteers are awesome, being outdoors and active with other like minded people is fun, I like the competition even though I'm light years behind and I love that last mile or so when you get to race for the finish and pat yourself on the back for getting through it.

I even managed to meet my goal of coming in under 2 hours: 1:56:34.257
Which when you consider there were 50 Milers that did it in just over 2 hours makes me think I might want to start picking up some pointers from someone : )


Congrats to Angela placing 2nd in her age group and Kris placing 5th in his!


Listening to: Life is Life/ Noah and the Whale

No comments:

Post a Comment