Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

The last two nights I have been trying to focus on running. I gave myself two nights rest and now my sights are set on my 6 and a half mile run during the Empire State Marathon weekend in November and not completely embarrassing myself in the Tour de Loop 30 mile bike race next Saturday. At the moment I seem to be suffering through a hopefully minor setback as both of my lower calf muscles are so tight it hurts to walk.

It's possible I'm over doing the running... as I sit here with an ice pack on each leg : )

I just want to get better so badly that I think I can run through the pain. Only it keeps getting worse. I'm going to look into protein supplements or pool running, just something that allows me to train without hurting myself for once. Maybe I'll ride my bike and see if I can abuse another set of muscle groups tomorrow night!

On the up side of running, I gotta say I'm loving the cooler breezy late summer nights we've been having. It's nights like these that really make me feel strong, alive and well!


Listening to: The Heart of Life/ John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment