Thursday, August 4, 2011

Clipped in and Carb Loaded

T minus 3 days.

Oh crap. I'm terrified to swim. My solution: just wing it. Can't wait to Bike! Running will most likely be torture. I've come to realize Triathlons are sort of about how long you can stand putting yourself through physical agony at an ungodly hour of the morning. But I still somehow think they're a good time and well worth the hours put in... I'll let you know if my opinion changes at 4:15 AM Sunday morning.

This week has been rough. Too much work, too little training. It's taper week and I'm tapering and eating my usual over dosage of carbs. I'm hoping bad practices equal good races. I did a pretty pathetic swim the other day. Thanks to the constant furniture and photo equipment moving my arms have become weak useless apendanges that flail around hopelessly in the water. Running tonight took a while to get into and my ankles feel like the bones are grinding together. Most likely from the 12 hour days spent running around on concrete floors. The one bright spot in my training has been my biking. I made the plunge and had the guys at my local bike shop hook me up with clipless pedals. Angela and I went out for a ride to see if they made much of a difference and she seems to think they do. I hope they help me out on that long and flat and seemingly neverending tri course! They're also putting some hot handlebar tape on for me, I'll post pictures soon! For now I have to get some sleep, this tri has once again approached at warp speed.


My carb loading secret weapon: Irish Brown Bread : )


Listening to: Hey Mama/ Mat Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment