Sunday, August 7, 2011

Results are in



Here's the breakdown:

Final Time: 1:52:14
In the 1047 Finishers I placed 258th... top 25%

20th out of the 79 girls in my age group

Swim: 17:12 (319th over all) Considering I hung on to the side of a kayak for a good minute I'll take that : ) and I swam a lot more this year I think... though I did take a few strolls here and there.

T1: 2:53 (there was a long run this year, but I probably could have been faster here)

Bike: 1:00:19 (305th over all) 17.9mph average. I can forgive myself the 19 seconds because I think the course was slightly longer, so I sort of met my goal... I'm going to learn to make the most of those pedals soon though!

T2 1:07 Not bad here... I did my hair while running this year, next year I think I'll hack it all off before the tri : )

Run: 30:43 Since I was pretty beat at that point I can say I'm ok with my ~10 minute mile pace, hopefully I'll get that down soon too... BUT I did run the entire thing!

I'm happy with my times, there will always be room for improvement but that's what the off season is for! Time to concentrate on the Tour de Loop, and our Empire State relay Marathon ~10K race!

I also have to mention that Elyssa got 2nd in her age group and came in 31st overall! Very impressive for only her second Tri, I think she'll be one to watch in the years to come! Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment