Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me

I need more hours in the day!

After the past 3 weeks I've spent working overtime, sitting in front of a computer I needed a good run. So I attempted to race the daylight home tonight. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make my whole 2 mile loop before dark so I brought along my mini body guard/ running partner, Boomer. I also timed our run and came up with approximately 17 minutes. For any actual runners reading this, once you stop laughing I should explain that until now I have been jogging a good 10 minute mile. So 17 minutes for 2 miles sounds good to me :o) My goal is an 8:30 mile this year... it'd be great to say 8, but let's be realistic here I have to keep it up for 3 miles.

Back in my high school track days at least once or twice a season we used to run to Friendly's where our coach would be waiting to buy us all ice cream. Our high school girls track team was fun but rarely competitive, aside from a handful of serious runners, of which I would not categorize myself as. I ran the 200, my race lasted exactly 30 seconds, or less if I was lucky. I'm just glad there's no gunshot start in triathlons. Anyways, I decided to keep up my old high school track tradition of having ice cream after my run tonight and I couldn't deny my faithful pup the same treat. So I ordered up two baby cones, one vanilla and one slightly less boring strawberry black raspberry twist and shivering, Boomer and I sat eating our ice cream on the shores of lake Ontario completely negating any exercise we had just done.





Definitely worth it!


Listening to: Strip Me/ Natasha Bedingfield

1 comment: