Thursday, April 21, 2011

Auto Pilot

work. exercise. eat. sleep. repeat.

Ok so it could be much worse but somehow it got to be Thursday night and I'm not exactly sure where this week went. I've been putting in extra time at work lately which has seriously been cutting into my training time. Factoring in lunches and commute time I've been gone over 60 hours a week for the past month. Tuesday night I walked through the door and turned right around to head out for the pool. Last night I caved and took a night off after getting home so late. I'll have to reassess my scheduling and make sure I find time every night to get a decent workout in. It's nice that lap swim is at 8PM so most nights I at least have that option. I just have to fit some more fun into the mix or else this constant auto pilot mode is going to get old very quickly.

There was a flyer up at the Y saying they now have a local Tri training program which I plan on checking out, especially for the biking... I could use some professional advice. My swim the other night was ugly. I couldn't shake the foot cramps and my arms felt useless. I probably should have done a little weight training over the winter. Last year it was pointed out to me that my upper body strength borders on pathetic so I had my protein smoothie after the elliptical tonight. I actually think my arms look more cut then I've ever seen them before, but maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Maybe I'll do some push ups before bed.

sleep. work. exercise. eat. WEEKEND!


Listening to: The Middle/ Jimmy Eat World

No comments:

Post a Comment