Saturday, October 15, 2011

Here Goes Nothing


Tomorrow is the Empire State Marathon, Half and for me, Relay. As usual I'm dreading what's sure to be a restless night of too little sleep, a cold and windy morning and the longest run I've done yet. A month ago or so I was sure I was capable of a 6 mile run, on the eve of race day I know I am, but also well aware of the fact that this could be a rough hour and change.

I think the biggest bummer about this race will be that I'm running all alone. At least I'll be running towards Elyssa and Jess will run to me, and Angela will be happily finished with the first leg waiting for us to make our way back to the start/finish line. Kris will be there as well running the half, well on his way and training hard for his Iron Man next summer. It will be another race to look back on with a solid sense of accomplishment after all is said and done, but for now I just have a mean case of the jitters. To combat my most unwelcome nerves I'm loading up my ipod with new music to distract me both before and during the race. Hopefully my ear buds will stay put despite what sounds like gale force winds outside my window. I have a feeling the ipod will be my saving grace tomorrow.

Thanks to Kris's pasta dinner and a pre-race 3 mile run with Elyssa last night, I'm carb loaded and ready to go tomorrow. I'm just hoping for a little sunshine and some good distractions during my lengthy wait and as I take over for the third leg of our relay marathon. Good Luck to all runners, especially Kris and my Relay Teammates Angela, Jess and Elyssa... Go team Run 4 It!

Pictures of our fun team shirts and post race exhaustion to follow...


Listening to: Jump Into the Fog/ The Wombats

No comments:

Post a Comment