Monday, October 24, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays


Somewhere between work and home tonight my motivation bailed on me. Lately the rain clouds and general lack of daylight hours has got me desperately missing those long summer nights and the constant stream of available activities calling my name. Tonight I managed to get as far as changing into my workout clothes, and if lifting my fork from a plate to my mouth counts as exercise, I'm happy to report I got in a good workout.

I need a goal, stat!

There is a Veteran's day 5K in about 3 weeks and the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving, both of which I am considering as long as I can remove the monkey wrench that has been unceremoniously thrown into my plans. I've been casually ignoring the minor swelling in my right ankle and the coinciding bruise like feeling that has been irritating me for a few weeks. The problem is that I haven't run since the race and a small hike, a few short elliptical sessions and one short bike ride is apparently still too intense a week of workouts to allow my heel to heal. It leaves me questioning what kind of workout I should be doing. As much as I claim to hate running it still sort of depresses me to think I might need to stop to prevent a serious injury. It may be time to seek professional advice for the little bump on my heel that's turning into a huge bummer. Maybe it's time to return to the pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment