Monday, October 31, 2011

All Clear for Take Off

Stopped in to see the doctor today about my bum ankle. He's a fellow triathlete, or maybe I should say a serious triathlete as he's an actual Ironman and not a casual partaker of all girl sprint triathlons. Not to discredit IronGirl... I love it, it's not easy and I'm thankful it provides me with an inlet to a sport I would have otherwise avoided entirely. I was just trying to make the distinction Ironmen, (the guys and girls) are what I consider professional triathletes, where as I continue to enjoy the minors. So that being said, it seems there's hope yet for my bum ankle. Some minor plantar fasciitis, and moderate Achilles tendinitis was the official diagnosis and luckily I can continue my workouts with a few additions to my running gear. Tomorrow I'm off to Fleet Feet to purchase superfeet and compression socks. I'll report back about how another investment in my ever increasing Tri-equipment stockpile pays off, and possibly in the meantime... sign up for a race of two : )

Listening to: Us Against The World/ Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment