Sunday, October 16, 2011

Run 4 It!


Team Run 4 It! has officially finished a relay marathon and I'm happy to report we were far from last place despite my initial worries.

32 / 73 Run 4 It! 4:04:07 10th in the all Female Team category out of 27 all Female teams

I thought it was a good showing by us after all was said and done.




Kris finished his first Half Marathon today too, coming in 183 out of 1139 finishers. Not too shabby : )


The relay was a little nerve racking at the 3rd leg change over. There were roughly 73 teams wandering around B'ville wondering where the hand off was supposed to be. Mostly because of this little snippet from the website:


 Now after reading this we believed that the third leg would be the shortest and relatively easy so naturally I volunteered for it as I am not our strongest runner. While I was running I quickly realised the "flat to downhill" was a bunch of BS... then as I searched hopefully for Elyssa for a good mile after the 19 mile marker I decided someone should maybe look into the measuring next year. Even though I ran almost a mile and half more than I thought I was supposed to, I at least managed to run the entire thing. Thankfully Angela put in an impressively solid performance starting us out, running her longest run ever. Jess followed up with a killer fast second leg and Elyssa brought us home strong like we knew she would, running her 6.33 miles in 48:23. Good thing everyone brought their A game today.


Here's what map my run listed my run as, maybe Empire State Marathon relay organizers should compare notes:







Oh well at least I can say I accomplished a goal I didn't even know I had... running 6 looked nearly impossible a few days ago and I somehow managed 7, looks like it's time to learn how to maintain the distance and maybe pick up the pace a bit for next time.

For now I think I'll reward myself with a much missed bike ride!

I gotta mention what I think is an awesome relay team name I saw on the results page... Screw 26.2
If only I'd thought of that : )

We did have great team shirts even if we didn't get a team picture in them...




Luckily Noah & the Whale and The Wombats came through, playing on my ipod just when I needed their songs! I believe I may have even been lip singing along to pass the time more than once, thank goodness for ipods!



No comments:

Post a Comment