Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I feel like Jabba

The last few days I've been eating too much and exercising too little. I think I may have missed the point of tapering and "carbo loading." Mostly because my usual workouts are what most athletes would consider thier tapering and I most likely already eat more than enough carbohydrates. When mixed with 90 degree weather and unrelenting humidity the result of eating way too many carbs and participating in very little physical activity is a very uncomfortable, lazy, stressed out version of my former self. I want to swim so badly but I'm too uncomfortable to go to a different YMCA. I should mention I am currently house sitting/ dog sitting about 45 minutes away from home. It's been nice to be so close to work, and on Saturday the race, but my normal routine is now in shambles. I miss swimming more than I thought possible. I'm either forcing myself to go to the local Y tomorrow or driving home to swim on Friday. I feel like I will drown if I don't. As for everything else I've ran barely a mile and biked a whopping 5 today. That's it for this week so far, it's no wonder I feel like a slob... that and I have a strange addiction to Jax cheese puffs which I would normally never buy, but I can always count on my best friend's husband to have them in the cupboards when I watch the house. They could be my undoing this week... I will try to muster up some will power and just say no for the next 3 days... I fear the damage has already been done though.

Thank God the humidity is supposed to break tomorrow, I can't stand this weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment