Friday, August 6, 2010

Night Before Craziness













Elyssa's Bike













Angela's Bike













My Bike


The bikes are racked, our wrists have been banded and we're carbo loaded to the max. In less than 12 hours I will sleepily be meandering around Oneida Shores setting up my transition stations and fighting back the urge to vomit. I'm pretty nervous, as is Angela and I'm sure Elyssa too.

I somehow scored the best possible bike racking area... I should be among the first to get to my bike but the last one out for the run... still I shouldn't have any trouble finding my bike amongst the 800-1000 that will be there. Even Elyssa and Angela's bikes are only a few racks away from mine... it's as if they knew we were all together.

I'm nervous I'm going to forget something, or get foot cramps during the swim, or leg cramps when I run, or it'll be so windy I get over tired, or someone will kick me in the face during the swim, or swim over me, or worst of all I really don't want to get a flat tire.

I hope I get some sleep tonight, I haven't been doing very good the last week or so. I think the fact that I have no chance in hell at being competitive in this race is helping me to hold on to the remaining shreds of calmness just as long as I keep reminding myself that my goal is to finish, not get some ridiculous time.

I think it's going to be fun tomorrow, awesome weather, couldn't have asked for better... 76 and sunny. Might be a little chilly in the morning but I'd take cold over hot any day.

This day has gotten away from me.
I hope a chocolate snickers flurry is a good race night meal :o)


Wish me luck!!!!


Listening to: Dare you to Move / Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment