Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In Search of Runners High

For the second time this year I successfully ran for over 30 minutes (last time was Komen). Tonight I wanted to see if I could run a 5k and since I'm not familiar with a good route I decided to run the length of my play list and that would get me through the distance. So I ran for about 34 minutes. If in that time I didn't cover 5k then I prefer to live in my fantasy world where I can be blissfully naive. I like to think I covered more... but that's more wishful thinking. So finishing strong in the 5k run portion of the Iron Girl is at least possible.

My only question is when does the runners high kick in? It seems to me 30 minutes should have done it and all I got were tight calf muscles. Maybe somewhere in the 45 minute range? Sounds like it's time for a new goal.


Listening to: Wetsuit/ The Vaccines

No comments:

Post a Comment