Monday, July 18, 2011

Guiness for Strength


We're back from Ireland and back from an exceedingly long break from tri training. I was sure I'd find time and energy to run while on vacation but I failed to factor in travel fatigue, late nights, early mornings and busy schedules. We managed to get in a short scorching run on the board walk at Jones Beach the day we left, always nice to switch up the scenery. Once we got to Ireland it wasn't exactly like we were relaxing on a beach somewhere. We walked the streets of Dublin so much the heels of my boots are worn down. I believe there was also a small bit of dancing and toe tapping to all the great music, one massive hike and a few smaller treks, one bike ride, lots of ab workouts from laughing so much and I couldn't possibly forget the horseback riding on the beach. I know we got a good work out riding because on top of my bruised legs from ankle to hip, every muscle in my back and arms cried out in protest for the next two days. So much for a leisurely stroll on the beach... we don't mess around : ) So we remained active as best we could without running ourselves into the ground.

Despite a lingering cough and jet lag I pulled myself together for a run and Angela and I fit in two bike rides over the weekend. I just got back from the pool and managed the 600m without too much trouble. The only problem is that I have less than three weeks to somehow work up to a triathlon. I'm a bit worried this year. I wanted to do better than last year but the timing of the race is just not good for me. I hope I can at least finish strong and not walk during the swim or run this year. Someday I'll hit my stride with this sport!

On the upside I hear Guinness is good for you and it gives you strength as well, and I certainly had plenty of it... so here's hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment