Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fit for a Queen

Well I may not be royalty but about two weeks ago I finally had my bike fitted. I always sort of felt that my Trek was a little too small, my legs constantly felt cramped, and I usually thought I was crowding my handle bars. My expert solution to this problem was to pull my seat back as far as it could go to extend my reach... problem solved right? Apparently not the greatest logic as I still felt like a giant on my bike. 

So despite my reservations about changing my position on the bike, I took it to a real professional. The changes he made seemed small enough; lower the handle bars, lengthen the stem, and finally raise the seat and bring it forward. The next day when I got to take it for a ride I was impressed with how much bigger the bike felt. It was  much easier to get into aero position, I felt like the strength in my legs was being utilized more efficiently and I didn't feel so scrunched up through my back. I wish I had gone for a fitting a long time ago.

The bike is taking some getting used to but I think once my muscles have adjusted to the correct riding position I'll be getting a lot more power out of my legs and hopefully avoid any problems with my knees this year. 


A big Thank You to Gene from
for fixing up the bikes for us!
Check him out if you ever need a fit!

http://www.fulltiltfitting.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment