Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mini Brick

I'm sill struggling with running, it's almost as if I forgot how. This whole year I've been surprised at how easy it's been to run. Usually my body gives out before my lungs do, lately everything gives out 3 minutes in. I can't help but think it's a bit odd that 3 weeks ago I ran 2.5 miles pretty consistently and now 1 mile is presenting a problem. I suppose the only thing to do is get through these bad days and hope my days of enjoying running aren't over. I'll have a big spinach salad and and iron pill and call it a solution for now.

A bonus on getting into cycling is that when your car is at the mechanics you have an alternate mode of transportation to drop your car off and pick it back up... no need to rely on someone else to give you a ride. So today I rode out to pick the car up, drove to one of my favorite running spots and managed to grit my teeth through a mile and a half or so of running. I'm dubbing it a mini brick. I'm thinking about the pool tomorrow, crossing my fingers I can get through a swim workout without any leg cramps, maybe I'll pack a banana for lunch tomorrow : )

No comments:

Post a Comment